Everyone knows that orthodontic treatment improves the appearance of teeth and gums—however, did you know that there are also a number of distinct health benefits associated with smile correction as well? Here at Briar Pointe Dentistry in Novi, MI, Dr. Neil Blavin re-creates smiles through a variety of orthodontic options, including innovative Cfast Smiles and Invisalign acrylic aligners. Read on to learn how a newly straightened smile can help your health!
Changing your crooked smile
Yes, adults do wear braces and aligners—in fact, the American Association of Orthodontists reports that one out of every five orthodontic patients is 21 years of age or older.
So, when you come to our Novi office for your orthodontic consultation, we will be able to consider adult treatment options, including discreet Invisalign aligners, Six Month Smiles, and Cfast Smiles, as well as conventional braces. During this exam, your dentist will:
- Inspect your teeth, gums, and bite (how your teeth come together)
- Take digital photos, both inside and outside your mouth
- Use digital X-ray imaging to evaluate your bone structure and tooth roots
- Take special three-dimensional scans and oral impressions as needed
From there, we will formulate a care plan suited to your health needs, preferences, and lifestyle.
The health benefits of orthodontic treatment
Many people desire the self-esteem and confidence which an attractive smile provides. In other words, psychological well-being definitely improves when orthodontics erase gaps, tooth rotations, protruding front teeth, and other cosmetic defects.
However, orthodontic patients also enjoy health benefits for the rest of their lives. These great perks include:
- Improved oral hygiene techniques and discipline
- Less tooth decay and gum disease
- Prevention of tooth loss
- Reduction in jaw, ear, and facial pain, as well as many kinds of headaches
- Improved biting, chewing, and digestion
- Clearer speech
- Less enamel and bone erosion over time
Thinking about braces?
Ready to improve your smile? Call our Novi office today at (248) 347-0030.